Recruiting space is becoming aggressive day by day. The changes are so dynamic that what was good yesterday may not be so today. Recruiters say that technological boom is the biggest contributor for this trend.
Technology in recruiting has shaped up in different mediums like Social media recruiting, Online job search, Blogging, HR and even e- mail recruiting.
ATS (Applicant tracking system), is one such software which has streamlined the recruiting process even further. Mergers, Acquisitions and takeover segment in recruiting segment also saw some up new tidings and trends like
- Monster Buying Out Yahoo Jobs
- Kenexa Acquiring Salary.com
- ATS being the new frontrunner for staffing solutions
Recruiting related domains although have changed hands, but when you add in the major job seeker, HR, and salary transactions, you can see that something’s are still the same. This seems to be a trend beyond coincidence as we have precise insight into the causes.
But the real reasons why the Internet Recruiting has changed so much is that is:
- The jobs and economy experienced dramatic shifts prior to 2010. This along with increasing usage of Internet changed the monetization equations and metrics around job search and online recruiting.
- Easy, immediate distribution of content in the online segment leveled the playing field. When every individual is a publisher, the brand becomes more important which makes it easy to establish a big brand.
- Professional networking, job referrals had been an important source of job placement, However Social media drove that process online, thereby creating new opportunities and expectations for the future of online job search.
- Mobiles and consumer devices furthered the penetration of the Internet as the primary vehicle for job search thereby making online job search even more important and thereby changing the scope of recruiting and made Internet Recruiting a reality.