When you purchase a gadget like a smartphone, tablet or even GPS, you likely change at least some of the factory settings. You change ringtones, customize alerts, etc., to suit your preferences and needs. So, why is it that most people don’t bother to make these same customization to software? Specifically, enterprise software solutions?
When you are searching for recruitment applications, you aren’t likely to find a solution that will meet all of your needs straight out of the box. With enterprise software, the settings are made to be generic in order to meet the most basic common needs for a wide customer base, which is why a customized solution should always be a preferred option when it comes to recruitment applications.
Why you need customization
There are many benefits to customization, but these are my top three:
1) It works for your business — you decide which recruiting solutions work for your business and not the other way around.
2) Make your HR recruiting process more efficient — customize the process to better serve your clients and candidates.
3) Create dashboards and reports based on your requirements to help you better manage your business.
What to look for in an ATS
Using a customized recruiting solution that fits your business is a worthwhile investment but you need to make sure you find the right product for your business. Here’s a checklist when considering a customized recruiting solution such as an applicant tracking system.
- What are the set up costs? Are they one time or multiple?
- How much time is required to integrate into your existing system?
- Is the system easy to understand?
- How much support does the ATS offer with the initial set up?
- How much ongoing support do they provide?
- Are the fees monthly or based on a per user fee?
- How often does the ATS update their software?
Aside from these questions, the most important thing to consider is the level of customization the ATS will provide for you. Think about your unique business needs and look for something that will allow you to add or change the features that you need the most. Once you’ve found the right solution, make sure to make the customizations to get everything set up the way you need it to work.
Do you customize your software? What benefits have you experienced from customization? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think.
Like This Article? Please Share It With Your Friends!